Lovers of cross-country skiing will particularly appreciate the local network of maintained trails (total length 44 km) which can be joined either at the Mosty u Jablunkova Ski Centre or at the petrol station in Jablunkov.
There are information panels at the access points to the network. The trails are maintained with funding from the Moravian-Silesian Region.
The trails run from Mosty u Jablunkova in two directions: towards Jablunkov or towards the Slovak border, via Gírová and Hrčava to the village of Bukovec. The Ski Centre itself has a 2-km cross-country circuit which is maintained daily (with artificial snow if necessary) when conditions allow.
Cross-country trails around Mosty u Jablunkova:
- Mosty u Jablunkova Ski Centre – tunnel – customs house – Studeničný – tunnel – Mosty u Jablunkova Ski Centre: 9.6 km
- Cross-country ski circuit at the Ski Centre: 2 km
- Mosty u Jablunkova Ski Centre – Górka – Vitališov – Jablunkov, returning by the same route: 11.8 km
- Studeničný – Gírová – Komorovský grůň – Zajavoří – Bukovec – Dílek – Hrčava – Dílek – Komorovský Grůň – Gírová - Studeničný: 23 km
Top tips for safe cross-country skiing:
- Never walk on a cross-country ski trail.
- On trails with several pairs of grooves, you can use any of the grooves.
- Overtake on the right or the left on an available pair of grooves or off the grooves.
- A skier being overtaken should vacate the grooves if requested to do so.
- When overtaking and passing other skiers, keep your poles close to your body.
- Pass other skiers on the right.
- On trails with just one pair of grooves, the skier going downhill has right of way.
- Behave in such a way that you do not endanger or injure anybody.
- Adapt your technique and speed to the local terrain, your level of proficiency, the condition of the trail, visibility and density of traffic on the trail.
- Keep a safe distance from the skier in front of you.
- If you stop, step out of the grooves. If you fall, try to get out of the grooves as soon as possible.